maandag 24 november 2008

I love this city!

This is not the first time I talked about my love for Amsterdam. Some people ask me why I never moved there. But unfortunately it's too far away from my family and I still like to see them regularly plus S would never want to move there, has something to do with football...

Fortunately S doesn't mind going to Amsterdam for a day so we go about 5 times a year to our capital city. We went a few weeks ago and made some great pictures with the new camera. It seems as though the pictures are black/white with some colour accents but it really was like this, real Dutch autumn weather.


This is a canal nearby the Herengracht which is in the city centre and we had lunch at this great place.

We walked around for hours, did a little bit of shopping and took a boatride along the canals. The captain was very nice and showed us some great locations and waited patiently while I made pictures



These tours are great for tourists who are interested in the architecture of the city. The buildings are so beautiful and you rarely see them in any other country.

We ended the day eating in a Thai restaurant that I won't recommend knowing there are better places to eat.

Please remember that Amsterdam has much more to offer than only just coffeeshops; there's so much history, culture, museums, architecture, great food and shops. I talk to a lot of people from around the world in the hotel that I work and I try to explain them that Amsterdam has many treasures but you need to know where to go. The same is for The Hague. When the weather is better, I'll show you some great places to go. In the meantime, please enjoy these pictures. There will be more to come!

Have a great day!

Geen opmerkingen: