woensdag 21 januari 2009

Where were you when...


Well, it has finally happened... Barack Obama is president of the United States and I'm happy with it. I think it's a good choice and to be honest there was nobody in my surroundings that liked John Mccain so for me it was unlikely that he was the right candidate.


The inauguration will become one of those moments when people will ask you: "Where were you when Barack Obama became president?" For me, I was at work and during my break I watched tv and saw Joe Biden en Barack Obama being inaugurated. Shortly after, I had to go back to work. I saw a small part of his speech and for me the message is "The former guys made a mess of it and now I will pick up the pieces and restore everything". For a split second I thought about that he hasn't got a lot of experience so I'll be interested to see how he will do. But all the best for Barack, he's an inspirational person and we haven't seen that for a while...

Thanks for CBC and the Daily telegraphe for putting the pictures online...

Geen opmerkingen: