donderdag 12 april 2012

Breakfast during the week

During the week, I wake up at 06.30 am, get dressed and go downstairs to pack my lunch and make breakfast and tea. While I'm eating my breakfast, I read several blogs on the Ipad which are usually American blogs. This means that I can read in the morning all the stories that happened the night before. It is a bit of relaxation before my busy days starts.


I usually have oatmeal in the morning. In the Netherlands there's a brand called Brinta which sells oatmeal that you mix with warm (non fat) milk, it's very easy and simple to make. Lately I also add some extra ingredients to spruce it up a bit: some chia seeds, coconut, a teaspoon of almond butter, a tablespoon of granola and a tablespoon of non fat yoghurt. And for fruit I have an apple on the side.


For me, this is the perfect breakfast because it doesn't take very long and it is nice and warm to start the day.

I'm off to work. It's about twenty minutes on my bike (did you know that the Dutch love their bikes and a lot of them ride on them on the way to work) which means that I get a morning workout and already burn a lot of the calories I consumed in the morning! I highly recommend riding on a bike to work if that's possible for you to do. For me, it's a great way to start the day!

Talk to you soon!

Geen opmerkingen: