zaterdag 21 april 2012

Weekend baking

To start the weekend well, I baked the whole evening yesterday! This is a way for me to relax and let the world fall off my shoulders. Now I especially love to bake different kind of cookies and cakes but because I'm living a healthy lifestyle, so that doesn't really go anymore.

The whole week I was thinking of what to make and looked all over the internet. S. and I went to Marqt and saw a slice of currant bread and realised that I could also make this! Currant bread is a typically Dutch recipe; it's bread with raisins in them. Normally you use white flour but I used whole what one, it's a bit heavier but that just means that it takes longer for the bread to finish.


I tries it yesterday for the first time and this is the result!


The ingredients are:

500 gram of whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
a half teaspoon of salt
a cup of milk (I used almond milk)
500 grams of raisins
1 bag of yeast
a tablespoon of cinnamon
3 tablespoons of olive oil
about a cup of water

You heat the oven to 50 degrees Celsius. You put the raisins in a bowl with warm water, not hot! you stir the flour, yeast, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. In the middle you make a little hole and sprankle the salt along the side of the hole. You put the milk and the olive oil in it and stir until it becomes dry. Add bit by bit the water until the dough because sticky. You add the raisins and stir again. Put everything in a cake form and let it rise in the over for 60 minutes. After that bake it for 45 minutes on 2000 degrees Celsius. (http://www.mijnreceptenboek.nl/recept/broodgerechten/krentenbrood-2348.html

This morning I had two slices, one with plain butter and the other one with butter and light strawberry jam, delicious!

Ofcourse served with a cup of Rooisbos tea!

Last night, I also made a batch of oatmeal cookies. I also used whole wheat flour in this recipe. The cookies were nice but i like them more doughier and these are a bit hard. I've tried several recipes but can't seem to have found the perfect one. Oh well, just keep on trying! I also have a great banana cake recipe that I dying to try but let's do that next week before I'm groing back to my old size!
Speaking of which, I'm hitting the gym this afternoon but first study and try to do as much as possible.

Enjoy your morning!

Geen opmerkingen: