maandag 16 april 2012

Thank You Thank You Thank You

Wow, thank you very much for your kind comments about me patricipating the 10 km at the marathon of Rotterdam! I really appreciate it, thank you, thank you , thank you!


Today was back to reality! I started in the morning with oatmeal. It contained 250 ml of low fat milk, 35 grams of oatmeal, a tablespoon of granola and a teaspoon of chia seeds. Along with a sliced apple and a cup of green tea. The oatmeal was a bit bland. I used to like it like that but ever since I added almond butter and yoghurt to it, it’s much better. I’ll try again tomorrow!
I couldn’t go on my bike to work today because the bicycle chain is broken. So I took the tram but halfway went out and walked to work. This way I thought that I would do some exercise. The only thing was that my feet and knees hurted a bit from yesterday so walking wasn’t going really easy but I managed.
Lunch was pretty basic with a cup of vegetable soup, three dark whole wheat sandwiched with chicken filet, mustard and salad on top of it. Around 3 pm I had an Apple and a small kiwi. This was enough to get me through to dinner!
Dinner tonight was a healthy pasta bolognaise. I got this recipe from Dutch weigth loss queen Sonja Bakker. Gradually I changed the recipe and made it more mine. I make the pasta sauce with what I have at home, which usually is:
Low fat minced beef, about 350 gram
Beef spices
2 cans of sliced tomatoes
An onion
Garlic
Vegetable broth
Sliced vegetables, about 350 gram
Several herbs like fresh basil and Italian spices
A tablespoon of capers
Salt and pepper
Cayenne powder
I don’t add any fat but bake the meat in it’s own fat, then add the onion and garlic. Then add the tomatoes, vegetables, broth, herbs and cook it for about 10 minutes. For the pasta I used whole wheat penne and I added extra French beans to be sure that it was a healthy meal! It tasted great and I made enough to put it in the freezer so we can eat it another time. Dessert was nothing special. S. had low fat lemon yoghurt and I had non fat yoghurt with a little bit of cinnamon in it.
It is now time to sit on the sofa and watch a little bit of tv. Tonight I’m going to bed early because I need to be up early to go on the road for work. I’ll take a few healthy food options with me, just not sure what. I’ll let you know tomorrow.
Talk to you soon!

Geen opmerkingen: